Holomatix SprayTrace 1.5.20 adds support for HDR Light Studio 4
Users of HDR Light Studio 4, by Lightmap Ltd, can now take advantage of native LightPaint support from directly within the SprayTrace 1.5.20 viewport. It’s the ultimate combination of Maya plug-ins for those looking to quickly and easily light their MentalRay shots to perfection.
HDR Light Studio offers 3D artists a fast and efficient alternative to placing light sources within the scene. Instead all lighting can come from a single interactive HDRI map containing unlimited subtlety and complexity. Image based lighting is particularly suited for those looking for very realistic results on shiny and reflective materials – such as those found in cars and consumer products.
Use HDR Light Studio with Maya to:
- Use a HDRI map as an alternative technique to placing CG lights
- Create a HDR environment as a lighting foundation adding extra CG lights
- Create professional studio lighting with real studio lighting captures
- Make precision lighting & reflections for perfect shots of cars, products, jewelry and more!
- Create convincing HDR lighting for CG objects on photographic backgrounds
- Control existing HDRI maps with local adjustments to exposure, color and saturation
- Place additional lighting into existing HDRI maps
- Increase the dynamic range of LDR maps
Easy Perfect Lighting Workflow
Simply run HDR Light Studio from within Maya and then launch SprayTrace. SprayTrace is now in a Live connection with Maya providing a Live rendered preview of your scene lit with the interactive HDRI map from the HDR Light Studio Live session. You can now press CTRL and click on your 3D model in SprayTrace to precisely position the active light. It’s an intuitive and fast method to achieve perfect photo-real lighting results. You can even zoom into the view within SprayTrace to light the smaller details using LightPaint.
Lighting a detail by zooming into the SprayTrace view
That’s not all – Updated Maya Compatibility
Additional features in SprayTrace version 1.5.20 includes:
Autodesk Maya 2014 support, plus a wide range of minor fixes
Pricing and Availability
SprayTrace 1.5.20 is available immediately for £299 at www.spraytrace.com. It’s a free update for existing SprayTrace customers. HDR Light Studio 4 is available immediately from £299 at the Lightmap online store or through any Lightmap Authorized reseller – visit www.hdrlightstudio.com for more details.